Start and End of the School Day Arrangements
For Reception, Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2, the school day starts at 8:40am and ends at 3:15pm.
Start of the day
- The school gates are opened at 8:30am.
- Children in years 1 and 2 (KS1) should wait with an adult outside their classroom doors. The doors are opened at 8:40am.
- Children in years 3 and 4 (lower KS2) should wait in the KS2 playground (lower playground). Class teachers arrive to collect the children and take them to their classrooms for 8:40am.
- Children in years 5 and 6 (upper KS2) should wait on the KS1 playground (upper playground). Class teachers arrive to collect the children and take them to their classrooms for 8:40am.
- There is a member of staff present on the KS1 and KS2 playgrounds from 8:30am; therefore, parents can leave their children on the playgrounds.
- Classroom doors and school gates are closed at 8:45am. Children arriving after this time need to be signed in at the office by an adult.
End of the school day
- The school gates are opened at 3:10pm.
- KS1 parents should wait outside of their child’s classroom.
- KS2 parents should wait on the KS2 playground (lower playground).
- School ends at 3:15pm.
- KS1 and Reception doors are opened and the children are dismissed when they can see an adult who has come to collect.
- KS2 teachers walk with their class to the KS2 playground. Pupils can leave their teacher when they see an adult who has come to collect them. Children will be allowed to leave the playground by themselves only if school has received permission for this. Please contact the admin team if you would like to give permission for your child to do so.
- For families with siblings in different Key Stages, we have put the following arrangements in place. This should help to ease congestion in the KS2 playground and help parents/ carers so that they only have one collection point at the end of a day:
- If a KS2 child has a younger sibling in KS1, they can leave school via their younger sibling’s classroom.
- If a KS2 child has a younger sibling in Reception, they can leave school via the small hall door and meet the adult who is collecting them in the area between the Early Years and Y1 classrooms. An adult will be on duty on the small hall door and the children are not allowed to leave until the adult has dismissed them. Parents/ carers should discuss with their KS2 child where they will meet at the end of the school day.